Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyer

It can take months or years to recover from another party’s negligence resulting in personal injuries. Many times, true recovery is not possible, and the victim must live with the aftermath of the accident for the rest of their lives.

The person may not be able to work for a long time, or can no longer work in the same field because of injuries. If you have suffered injuries due to the negligence of another, it is important for you to contact a skilled attorney right away. An Anaheim personal injury lawyer can help you receive the compensation you deserve.

Motor Vehicle Accidents

California and the automobile are virtually synonymous, but all of those vehicles on the road result in a high number of car accidents. California is not a no-fault state, and responsibility for the accident is determined before an insurance company will pay damages. In many situations, one driver is not found 100 percent responsible for the crash.

With comparative negligence, one party may be found 80 percent liable, for example, while the other is 20 percent liable. Any compensation, or damages, is awarded via fault percentage. Besides car accidents, many people are seriously injured or killed in crashes involving trucks or motorcycles. Because California is a major port and transportation hub, there are thousands of 18-wheelers and other large trucks on the roads at any particular time.

A collision between a large truck and a smaller vehicle usually results in serious injuries to passengers in the car. The same holds true for motorcyclists hit by virtually any vehicle, as the rider has little protection. Bicyclists and pedestrians hit by motor vehicles are often badly injured because of this same lack of protection.

Other Types of Personal Injury

While motor vehicle accidents are a primary form of personal injury, they are far from the only source of serious accidents resulting from another party’s neglect or recklessness. Other common types of claims Anaheim personal injury lawyers frequently see include:

  • Slip and fall
  • Dog bites
  • Defective products
  • Assault – also a criminal proceeding

Statute of Limitations

In California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is just two years from the date of the incident. However, if the injury was not discovered immediately, as may occur with defective products, the plaintiff has one year from the time the injury was diagnosed to file suit.

When motor vehicle accident cases involve any type of government vehicle – local, state, or federal – the statute of limitations is reduced to just six months.

How a Lawyer Can Help

People suffering from personal injuries must concentrate on recovery. They are not in a state to deal with insurance companies and may not realize that an insurance company aims to pay as little as possible and minimize a victim’s injury. Never agree to any settlement with an insurer before consulting an Anaheim personal injury attorney.

A personal injury attorney conducts a thorough investigation of the case and works aggressively to protect the client’s rights. That includes examining police reports, hiring medical experts, interviewing witnesses, and collaborating with accident reconstruction specialists.

Although most personal injury lawsuits are settled, an Anaheim personal injury attorney will go to court if necessary.

Discuss Your Case with an Anaheim Personal Injury Attorney

If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury because of another person’s recklessness or negligence, call a skilled Anaheim personal injury lawyer and arrange for a consultation.